Assignment 4: False Reality

To be honest, this module has come to my favorite part as we are allowed to manipulate the photos. I’m keen to learn more about Photoshop, to know what new I can do with it. I know lots of people believe photography is about do every single amazing effect with your camera, with techniques and tricks but without “cheating” with Photoshop. Anyway, I am actually from the group of people believes Photoshop absolutely adds benefits!


Anyway, this assignment is about false reality and the key word is surrealism. My first ideal was unzipped a human body and his evil part come out of it when the guy is looking in the mirror. I didn’t really finish my original idea because I think it shows too much evil side of me… LOL… seriously, the reason is the mirror in my room is too small. I know I could duplicate the mirror or anything else to make the mirror bigger. But just feel somehow not right… I want a big mirror because the major effects are in the mirror which I need them to be clearly stand out!
I back out of the original idea the night before the tutorial. I made this new one based on the stress I have at the time I try to make the work over the night… the whole concept is basically about my view of student life. These days, students get really stressed out and totally feel hopeless sometimes… so I want to presume the feelings of hopeless and desperate by making the guy faceless while working on pile of books and looking up to the hazy sky. Plus the dark side of the sky he’s looking at is “growing” or “crawling” into the window.



The reason I put the window there is I want give the feelings of limit space gives stress… but it seems didn’t go well… I might even consider change the whole thing coz there’s not much of surrealism inside… but I guess the faceless is good. So as far as I know, I will keep the faceless element and probably change all the other things.

0 comments: